The Restored Rusty Relics and the Cresskill American Legion will co-host a new show (unrelated to our May 2023 event): the Trunk or Treat Edition. We will have food, music, and (hopefully) nearly 200 cars, but not a flea market/swap meet. Register now.
In 2019, the North Jersey Auto Show reached 440 show cars and over 50 vendors. The 2021 show was diluted by rain, but we still had show cars, the trophy parade, spectators, and vendors.
The October 30 show will run from 10 am to 3 pm, rain or shine, at the end of Third Street in Cresskill (by the pool). “Trunk or Treat” for kids will run from 12 to 2. (If you are showing a car, please bring some candy for the kids! —optional). Unlike our regular May shows, this will be open to vehicles of all ages.
Trophies will be given based on factors such as unique features, condition, restoration or ownership stories, rarity, etc. Winners cannot be owned by Restored Rusty Relics members; and we try not to select winners from the past two North Jersey Auto Shows.
“Trunk or Treat” Show Sponsors
2020-2022 Trivia Contest Sponsors
Motorcycles, trucks, imports, and emergency vehicles are welcome, as are newer cars. We will have trivia contests and music; and selected vehicles get class trophies. Photos are mainly from the 2021 North Jersey Auto Show at Bergen Community College.
Showing a classic car, truck, or motorcycle is $25—but only $20 when pre-registered. Pre-registered show cars will get dash plaques (day of show plaques are “while supplies last.”) Pre-registration ends October 22. We may follow it with “late on-line pre-registration,” up to October 27, for $22, without the dash plaque or pre-filled window card; it still gets you through the line more quickly. If you must pre-register by mail, download this form; the deadline is earlier to compensate for mail times.
Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going.
Get show updates with the mailing list: If you sign up, we will let you know when pre-registration opens each year and send a reminder just before it closes. We only send around four to seven messages per year, and we don’t share or sell addresses. (We no longer have a physical mailing list, so this is the only way for us to reach you.)
Some car show rules
- Canopy poles must be weighted down (sorry, no stakes, even on the grass).
- No smoking—it’s a venue rule.
- Proof of car liability insurance must be supplied upon request.
- We are not responsible for show cancellation or postponements due to acts of God (e.g. natural disasters) or mandates by the county, state, or town. We will do the best we can to reschedule or move the event in these cases. We may, at our discretion, issue full or partial refunds, or apply pre-registration payments to the next show if this is the case.
- Parking is on paved areas only, no exceptions!
- No fires anywhere on show grounds, and no generators except by (written) advance arrangement
- Day-of-show registration: 10 am - 11:45 am (or until sold out, whichever is sooner)—please do not arrive before 10 am and please do not drive in our out between noon and 2 pm, our “trunk or treat” times, because kids may be moving around
Show chair: Jacques Senise; show committee: Barry Doll and Dave Ivaldi
This list will be updated roughly once a week once registration opens.
- Arnold, 1976 Pontiac
- Bill, 1968 Cadillac
- Bob, 1969 Corvette
- Dave, 1974 Plymouth
- Jacques, 1977 Oldsmobile
- Art, 1941 Hupmobile
- Dave, 1934 Packard
- Ken, 1965 Corvette
- Tom, 1988 Dodge
- Rich and Helen, 1963 Chevrolet
- Pete, 1968 Plymouth
- Michael, 1991, 1996, and 2005 Fords
- Hank, 1927 Ford
- George, 1931 Pierce-Arrow