41st Annual North Jersey Auto Show:
Sunday, May 19, 2019
at Bergen Community College in Paramus, NJ
Pre-registration is now open! See some of the people who are coming to the show!
The North Jersey Auto Show is slated for May 19, 2019 at Bergen Community College in Paramus, near Routes 4 and 17. We expect hundreds of cars and seventy or more vendors selling car parts, clothing, collectibles, memorabilia, and food.
All pre-registered cars, and the first cars to show up, will get dash plaques; there will also be trivia contests and a DJ playing music.
Show times are 8 am through 3 pm; please do not come before 8 am! Arrivals after 11 am may not be eligible for selection.
The address is Bergen Community College, 400 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ 07652, in Lot C (bear right at the entrance). The entry fee is $20 per show car on the day of the show ($15 before May 1). Spectators can visit for $5 per person or $10 per carload (except buses and large vans). Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going.
This is a “classic car” show. It is only open to vehicles from model-year 1994 and earlier. Motorcycles, trucks, imports, and emergency vehicles are welcome! There is free pre-registration by mail (using this form) for 1927 and older cars, and for 1994 cars (since it’s the first year of their classic-car status).
To verify your registration, you can check the “Who’s Coming” list in a day or three.
Please print and mail in this PDF form instead, if:
- you prefer to register by mail;
- you do not want to pre-register but do want to speed through the line;
- if you want to get free pre-registration for your pre-1928 or 1994 car.
- if you are a vendor
Vendors also need to fill out, sign, and send this hold-harmless form.
The mailing list
If you sign up for the mailing list using this form, we will let you know when pre-registration opens each year and send a reminder just before it closes. We send around four or five messages per year and don’t share the list with anyone else, so you won’t get deluged by our emails.
Who’s coming to the show?
Some of the people who have already registered on-line:
- Giovanni, 1973 Challenger
- Peter, 1958 Impala
- Carmine, 1969 Olds
- Ed, 1946 Ford
- Ryan, 1969 Olds 442
- Thomas, 1964 Starfire
- Tina, 1978 Monte Carlo
- David, 1969 Corvair
- Bill, 1933 Buick
- Bruce, 1973 MGB
- William, 1954 Country Squire
- Cagan, 1972 Plymouth ’Cuda and 1979 Corvette
- Reginald, 1970 Chevelle SS
- James, 1933 Ford HiBoy Coupe
- Alberto, 1987 BMW 325i Cabrio
- Jay, 1963 Pontiac Tempest
- Bruce, 1972 Ranchero
- Charles, 1955 Chevy
- James, 1987 Jaguar cabriolet
- Richard, 1964 Chevy C-20 pickup
- Thomas, 1967 Corvette
- Barry, 1969 Camaro Z/28
- Jim, 1959 MG
- Bob, 1969 Corvette
- James, 1933 Ford
- Dave, 1974 Valiant (plaque car from last year)
- William, 1969 Impala
- Candice, 1957 Belvedere convertible
- Thomas, 1965 Impala
- (First to sign up:) Howard, 1955 Nash
Some of the people who have registered by mail:
- Joseph, 1949 Ford
- Peter, 1968 Barracuda
- Tom, 1988 Dodge Daytona Pacifica
- David, 1934 Packard Eight
- Matt, 1969 Dodge Charger
- Tom, 1966 Ford Mustang
- John, 1954 Chevrolet Belair
- Frank, 1951 Ford Starliner
- Walter, 1965 Ford Thunderbird
- Barry, 1965 Ford Mustang
- Phillip, 1966 Ford Galaxie
- Richard, 1932 Ford Cabriolet
- Gregory, 1967 Checker Cab
- Robert, 1971 Chevrolet Chevelle
- John, 1948 Ford
- Gale, 1955 Chevrolet Belair
- Rory, 1912 Ford C Cab
Vendors coming to the show
The vendor list so far includes the AVM Automotive Consulting, 1st Step Surface Preparation, Bergen County SPCA, Dirty Rat Brand Apparel, Premier Restorations, Rollin Enterprises, the Lions Club, Ultra Finish Products, and the Westwood Volunteer Fire Department.
About award selection
We do not have formal judging, per se; volunteers select cars to win trophies based on the criteria for various memorial awards. In recent years, we have had two awards per major decade and for various types of vehicle to make sure awards went to cars of all years and types — that there was an even distribution of awards representative of the cars entered. We have roughly two hours to select all the cars to receive awards; thoroughly inspecting each car in this limited time is impossible, but the volunteers do their best to be fair. Restored Rusty Relics members are not eligible for any awards.