North Jersey Auto Show
the Restored Rusty Relics car show
at Bergen Community College in Paramus
Registration is now open for show #42 on May 17, 2020!
The 42nd North Jersey Auto Show is slated for May 17, 2020 at Bergen Community College in Paramus, near Routes 4, 17, and 208. We expect hundreds of cars (we topped 400 last year) and seventy vendors selling car parts, clothing, collectibles, memorabilia, and food. The show runs from 8 am to around 3:40 pm. You asked, we listened! The winners’ parade will start earlier this year, and we will have a new ice cream vendor.
Vendors must pre-register this year, due to insurance rules beyond our control.
This is a “classic car” show. It is only open to vehicles from model-year 1995 and earlier. Motorcycles, trucks, imports, and emergency vehicles are welcome! There are trivia contests with prizes, and a DJ playing music. Selected (not judged!) class winners will get trophies.
Our Paramus car show is at 400 Paramus Road; we will be in Bergen Community College’s Lot C (bear right at the entrance, following our signs). Spectators can visit for $5 per person — with a maximum $10 per carload (no buses or large vans). Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going.
The show is only open to vehicles from model-year 1995 and earlier. Motorcycles are welcome! There is free pre-registration for 1927 and older cars, and for 1995 cars, since it’s the first year of their antique status. The cost for showing a classic car, truck, or motorcycle on the day of the show is $20 per car ($15 for model-years 1928-1994, when pre-registered). Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going.
All pre-registered cars will get dash plaques, as will the first day-of-show show cars. Online pre-registration is available before May 1, 2020 for show cars only (not vendors or spectators):
Get show updates with the mailing list
If you sign up, we will let you know when pre-registration opens each year and send a reminder just before it closes. We only send around four to seven messages per year, and we don’t share or sell addresses.
About the trophies and parade
This event is not judged; awards are given to selected vehicles based on factors such as unique features, condition, restoration or ownership stories, rarity, or representating a significant step in automotive development or design. Winners cannot be owned by Restored Rusty Relics members; we try not to select winners from the past two North Jersey Auto Shows.
All vendors have to pre-register! The absolute final drop-deadline is the Monday before the show, May 11—we must have your signed form in our hands by that time. We will still have a discount for registering before May 1. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but insurance issues preclude day-of-show registration for vendors. Download all needed vendor forms here.
Rules of particular interest to vendors (flea market/swap meet):
- For insurance reasons, all vendors must pre-register for the 2020 show—received by May 11. The rate is heavily discounted until May 1. If you're waiting for the weather report, hand-deliver your forms on May 11!
- You can reserve a specific spots if you had the same spot last year and register before May 1; after that, spots are first-come-first-serve.
- Hold-harmless forms are needed from all vendors, in advance; we are hoping these will be integrated with the registration forms for 2021.If you got our mailing, you should have the form.
- No unauthorized food or drink for sale—our food and drink vendors have exclusive rights.
- Flea market spaces are around 20’ x 20’
- No running displays (including generators, except for pre-approved vendors—at this time, only the photographer and food vendors).
- Proof of liability insurance must be supplied upon request.
- Spaces must be cleaned up, with nothing left behind, no later than 3:40 pm on the show day.
2019 was the first time since leaving Upper Saddle River that we had a “trophy parade,” where spectators saw people drive across the show field to pick up their trophies. (It was also the first time at BCC that we separated the show field into classes.) We will do the same in 2020, but will have the parade earlier.
Selected cars and their owners gather before lining up for the parade
Lining up: around forty cars, one at a time
Car show rules
In addition to the vendor rules above
- No smoking
- Parking is on paved areas only, no exceptions!
- No fires anywhere on show grounds
- Day-of-show registration: 8am - noon (or until sold out, whichever is sooner)
- Proof of liability insurance must be supplied upon request
- Main gate spectator admission: 8am - 2:00pm
- No motorized vehicles, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, etc.
- The property must be entirely clear by 3:40pm